Dr। Sham Lata
Head & Associate Professor
Department of Sanskrit,
P.G. Govt. College for Girls,
Mobile No. 099151-95948
· B.A. Honours from Panjab University, Chandigarh in 1973.
· M.A. Sanskrit from Panjab University, Chandigarh in 1975.
· M.A. Punjabi from Panjab University, Chandigarh in 1995.
· Ph.D. in Sanskrit Panjab University, Chandigarh in 1983 on the title, “A Critical and Comparative Study of the Commentaries on Brhadaranyakopanisad. ” This study includes Advaita, Vishishtadvaita & Dvaitadviata philosophy of Shankracharya, Rang-Ramanujacharya & Sri Madhavacharya.
· Presently working as Vice-Principal P.G.G.C.G., Sector-11, Chandigarh.
· Teaching Sanskrit to B.A. General & B.A. (Honours) students since 8th September, 1982 (28 years)
PRESENTATION AND PARTICIPATION
· Workshop on E-Content Development oragnised by Education Department , Chandigarh Administration, Chandigarh held on May 17-18,2010.
· Seminar on Education Reforms: Opportunities and Road map Ahead held at PHD Chamber, Chandigarh on 24th April, 2010.
· Workshop on E-Content Development oragnised by Education Department , Chandigarh Administration, Chandigarh held on March 10-12,2010.
· World Earth Day Celebrations by “Prakriti” Environmental Society of P. G.G.C.G., Sector-11, Chandigarh held on April 22, 2009.
· ICSSR Sponsored Regional Seminar on Role of Information Technology in the Delivery of Public Services in the North-Western Region oragnised by P.G. Department of Public Administration, P. G.G.C.G., Sector-11, Chandigarh held on Feb. 06, 2009.
· Participated in The Local Chapter on Climate Change oragnised by International Law Association, Punjab, Haryana & Chandigarh held at Judicial Academy in 2009.
· National seminar on “Making of India as a Nation: an Inter-language Dialogue” held at Panjab University, Chandigarh held on March 20, 2008.
· World Punjabi Conference on the theme” Punjabi Identity in Global Context” at Punjab University, Chandigarh held on March 30-31,2008.
· World Environment Day Celebrations by “Prakriti” Environmental Society of P. G.G.C.G., Sector-11, Chandigarh held on June 05, 2006.
· Seminar-cum-Workshop on Biodiversity Conservation and Soil and its Cover management through Vermitechnology under the Year of Scientific Awareness Programme oragnised by Department of Science & Technology, Chandigarh Administration and “Prakriti” Environmental Society of P. G.G.C.G., Sector-11, Chandigarh held on March 11, 2005.
· Sensitization Workshop on AIDS for School and College Students oragnised by NSDS, DAV College, Chandigarh and State AIDS Control Society, Chandigarh held on November 25, 2004.
· Participated in Three week Refresher Course in the subject of Sanskrit held on 22 June 2000 to 12 July 2000 at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
· Participated in Refresher Course in the subject of Sanskrit and Gender Studies held on 25 Feb.,1999 to 17 March 1999 Panjab University, Chandigarh.
SOCIAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
· Working as Bal Vikas Guru since 1975 at Sri Satya Sai Seva Organization (Haryana and Chandigarh), Chandigarh.
· Worked in different student and subject organizations at different positions like Vice-President.
· Participated in various activities like Female Foeticide, Drug abuse and Gender issues etc.